Boy’s Basketball advance to the next round

Junior Guard Tyrei Randall eyes down opponent, had 22 pts for the Raiders in 2nd round win vs Highlands Ranch. (Javon Harris)

By: Javon Harris, Sports Editor

The next opponent that the Raiders are set to face after beating Highlands Ranch in the 2nd round of the 5A playoffs, is the defending 5A state champions East Angels.

A Saturday 2nd round matchup against Highlands Ranch seemed to have little to no effect on the Raiders momentum as they beat the visiting Falcons 66-45 to secure a Sweet 16 spot in the 5A Boy’s state playoffs.

Sophomore guard Elijah Blake added 18 points in 2nd round win vs Highlands Ranch. (Javon Harris)

The Raiders were led by Junior Tyrei Randall who added 22 points including four triples to pace Rangeview while sophomore guard Elijah Blake chipped in 18 points as well.

“It was a major win,” said Randall “it made us see what we can really do when we play team defense and share the ball.”

The East Angels defeated the Rock Canyon Jaguars in the 2nd round of the 5A state playoffs behind senior guard Brian Carey, who is averaging 24 points per game. With a scorer in Carey, the Raiders will have to adjust defensively like they did against Patrick Sullivan, holding him to only scored 7 points.

The game will be Wednesday March 4th, at Rangeview high school in which the Raiders are 8-2 at home and hold a 13 game winning streak as well, if the boys win they will have another game at the Coliseum again just like last year.