Dear Veterans,

Dear+Veterans%2C

Irl Paulalengan

Alexis Drummond and Irl Paulalengan

Thank you for your service; your actions in protecting this country and allowing our generation to grow up in a place where we feel safe and free is greatly appreciated even if we don’t say it. Even if you only served the minimum amount of time or you served until you physically or mentally couldn’t, your actions are recognized every day. 

Today is a day where we recognize those who have served in the Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guard. No one branch has done it all, no one person has done it all; it takes a multitude of people to build what we have today; it takes all former, fallen, and current military to get us to where we are today. 

The medals you received do not truly show your courageousness and your bravery. The medal of honor, purpleheart, distinguished service cross, silver star, the medal of bravery, the multitude of ribbons; none of these show your true abilities.   

We thank you for the blood, sweat, and tears you put in; the memories you held onto while fighting for your life; the sacrifice of leaving your loved ones to make sure they are safe; the children who look to you as their hero; the letters home; the coming home surprises; the love you have for your country and for your family. 

We want to thank the Rangeview staff who have served. Mr. Alexis Amador Gutierrez — Marine Corps; Mr. Partick Sandt — Army; Mr. Kevin Wright — Air Force; Officer Mike Dziurgot — Air Force (bomb dog handler); Mr. Steve Egloff — Army; and Mr. Larry Kintz — Army. Thank you for everything you did for our country and thank you for everything you do for the students here. 

Finally, I would like to take a moment of silence for those who have fallen, for those who are missing in action, and for those who are prisoners of war….

This is for those who will never see their loved ones; for those who don’t have the ability to call their family tonight or in the next few months; for those who use the memories of their mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, sons, daughters, to keep them moving forward, to get them off their knees and preventing them from giving up.

I want to say thanks for those who are Marines: Saying thanks to one of the few and the proud is more than just a privilege; It’s an honor. Semper Fi! For those who are airmen: Thank you for aiming high — and always staying ready to fly, fight, and win…worldwide. For those who are soldiers: Honoring your service which reflects the long, proud, distinguished legacy of the U.S. Army. For those who are sailors: With gratitude for your role in protecting the sea lanes…and safeguarding America’s freedom abroad. For those who are coasties: With deep appreciation for your vigilant defense of our shores…and beyond! Thank you for everything you have done and will continue to do for our country. 

Mr. Alexis (Alex) Amador is a new campus monitor here at Rangeview. Amador is currently in the Marine reserve. He enlisted into the Marine Corps right after high school and is on reserve while he spends his time here as a campus monitor. 

Mr. Patrick Sandt is a social studies teacher here. He teaches psychology, economics, and US history. Sandt served in the United States Army for three years in the 82nd Airborne Division as a Heavy Weapon Specialist. He served in both Europe and in the Middle East during the first Iraq war.  

Mr. Kevin Wright is an English teacher here. He teaches English nine and Honors English 10. Wright served in the United States Air Force for about four years as a security forces specialist. He even served in Saudi Arabia He earned four medals. He has worked as a principal at an Alternative High School, a middle school English teacher for seven years in youth corrections, he worked as security at a private school, has authored a book, and has taught high school English for four years.

Mr. Mike Dziurgot is one of Rangeview’s school resource officers (SRO). Dziurgot served in the United States Air Force for eight years as a bomb dog handler. He earned about eight medals including: deployment conflicts and he did some work with presidential protective services. Today he protects the students at Rangeview High School by being one of the SROs students have to talk to. 

Mr. Larry Kintz is a science teacher here. He teaches honors and AP biology. Kintz served in the United States Army for six years. He earned two medals within his time in the army.

Mr. Steve Egloff is one of the other campus monitors. Egloff served in the United States Army for six years. He earned four medals. Today he serves as one of Rangeview’s campus monitors; keeping kids safe in the halls.

For those who are interested in pursuing a career in the military or are interested in reading about one of Rangeview’s seniors who was enlisted into the United States Army on November 4th, check out Katiana William’s story about why she enlisted.