Opinion: Walt Disney Animations vs. Pixar

In+every+Disney+movie+the+opening+animation+is+a+castle+that+says%2C+%E2%80%9CWalt+Disney+Studios.%E2%80%9D+

In every Disney movie the opening animation is a castle that says, “Walt Disney Studios.”

Nataly Leon, Opinion Reporter

Happily Ever After. That is what Disney is all about. It is everyone’s favorite category to watch movies. Walt Disney Studios is a broad idea that needs to be narrowed down, the main categories of Disney are Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar. Disney Animations has been producing movies since last century and has some of the best movies especially the newer ones. People can never go wrong with the classic The Princess and the Frog or Tangled, these movies have beautiful stories with great animation which causes it to be the better of the two.

Pixar has some of the best movies and shorts that were originally introduced in 1986 as an independent company. Going further down their journey in 1991 Disney and Pixar decided “to make and distribute at least one computer-generated animated movie,” said Pixar. That’s when Toy Story came out in 1995, being

Pixar with some of their characters. Some of the characters shown; Woody, Buzz, Nemo, Wall-E and Lightning Mcqueen.

the first partnered movie with Disney and Pixar. When this movie came out it was number one and became the highest grossing film that year. This movie made us warm up to the characters Buzz Lightyear and Woody, an iconic duo that everyone loves, and the iconic quote “To infinity and beyond.” 

After Toy Story came out, Pixar released more movies and in 2006 The Walt Disney Company bought Pixar making the partnership official. Pixar has some of the most amazing movies including; Finding Nemo, Cars, The Incredibles, and Monsters Inc. There are more iconic movies that can’t be named or the list will be too long. The movies listed all have sequels, which have been good despite sequels usually never being that, but Pixar made the sequels work. “Pixar is more superior because it has Wall-E, Brave, and Cars and all these films have great animation and well built society lessons,” said RHS Sophomore Inaya Furqan.

Of the two, Walt Disney Animation Studios has been around longer, being a company since 1923, but came out with its first fully animated movie in 1937. The studio came out with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, introducing the first Disney princess and the first villain; the Evil Queen. Disney came out with many more movies, telling reimagined stories with happy endings making some of the princesses everyone is fond of. Besides the princesses, there have also been animals as the main characters. The movies will always be classics, but once Disney transitioned into a 3D style, the movies became more fun and exciting, there

Walt Disney Animation Studios logo.

was also more emotion added to the stories being told. Some classics of Walt Disney Animation Studios are: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, The Lion King, Aladdin, Mulan and Princess and the Frog. These stories are enjoyable movies that have some laughs and emotion. The recent Disney movies include: Tangled, Frozen, Wreck-it Ralph, Big Hero 6, Moana, and Zootopia. These movies are a lot like Pixar movies. They are fun and have detail put into the story. “Pixar isn’t as popular as Disney and it has better detail,” said RHS Sophomore Hilary Thompson.

Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar are both amazing production companies, but when it comes to who is the best, it is Walt Disney Animations. Although Pixar has several amazing movies, they don’t have as many as Disney. Walt Disney Animation Studios have several movies that do not include diversity and racism, but with recent films, lessons have been added with beautiful stories.