Opinion: Rocky Start to School

First day of school assembly before the havoc hit. PC: Avery Salas

Isabel Campbell, Staff Reporter

On Wednesday April 10, students’ first day back at Rangeview High School, we witnessed another school closure which led into remote learning. However this time it was not because of Covid, but rather a busted air conditioning system. With global warming making what used to be bearable Colorado weather turn into summer averages of about a thousand degrees, we really need the air conditioning. 
An executive decision was made on Wednesday evening, stating that Thursday would be asynchronous learning. As someone who was in the building at the time of the air conditioning’s downfall, I can attest that the air in the building became hot, stuffy, and almost humid. It was like being in the south and also surrounded by a ton of people’s body heat, all while trying to do calculus. Overall, a less than pleasant experience. 
With a delay in the air conditioning’s repair, Friday also resulted in a day of asynchronous learning. While I would much rather be in the comfort of my own home than sweating like a pig in the middle of psychology class, it was honestly not a good start to the 2022-23 school year. This is likely just a glimpse of what is yet to come, since it seems near impossible to have a normal high school experience these days. I just hope in these coming colder months where the temperature is below zero nearly everyday, that the building doesn’t lose heating too. Regardless, let’s hope that this rocky start of the year is not an omen of something more sinister.