Calling all Musical Fanatics

August 27th students gathered to audition for this year's production of The Seussical

Back to Article
Back to Article

Calling all Musical Fanatics

Anise Gonzalez, Review Staff

• Students perform a Seussical song outside the audition room. The Seussical auditions had to have a song prepared and their choice of monologue memorized for their final audition.

• Junior Jamie Warner and sophomore Alayna Hansen rehearse their monologue with Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat.

• Junior Nathan Wetzel practices the song of his choosing while waiting for his audition time.

• Juniors Mercedes Lopez and Diana Thomas share a nice pep talk before their audition. “I kind of got used to being nervous.” Lopez stated, “Instead of thinking about it as a competition I think of it more like a performance.” Mercedes exclaimed.

• Juniors Ella Wonder and Emma Wolfe embrace a hug right after Ella’s performance.

• Students discuss scenes waiting to be called up. “I was feeling energetic I had to sing a song and perform a monologue, and I was there for it,” sophomore Tierra Zuniga said.

• Junior Diana Thomas gets into character by singing her monologue whilst sitting on one of Rangeview highschool’s very own trash cans. “Excitement doesn't begin to explain it because Dr. Seuss has been a big part of I think everyone's childhood,” Thomas exhilaratingly said. “And just even thinking about Dr. Seuss becoming a musical and having the opportunity to audition for it is very exciting.” Diana and most students auditioning exclaimed.

• "Oh no yeah, I’m very nervous because I sound better with instrumentals, but I was told it was better to not do acapella,” junior Jamie Warner said. “But I’m sure I’ll do just fine without it.”

• Junior Emma Wolfe takes a nap right after going in for her auditions waiting for fellow castmates to finalize their auditions.