Mission Accomplished?

Raider sophomore Grace Solarin gets ready for a game with her Rangeview volleyball team. The volleyball season has now ended.

Austin Appiah, Sports Writer

The Raiders came into the season with a mission to continue to grow as a program. Because of the key seniors like Sierra Hunt and Alli leaving last year, the Raiders had something to prove. No one really believed that they could step up to the challenge, however,  this doesn’t stop the lady Raiders from going out there every night and giving it their all out effort.

Junior Amari Bullock’s thoughts on the season were positive, as she said, “I feel pretty good about the overall season. We made it pretty far, but I think we can still work on our teams attitude.” 

The 2019-2020 volleyball season unfortunately came to an end but the ladies still went out every night and gave it their all. The first round of the playoffs was two games in which the Raiders played against Broomfield and Heritage.The girls unfortunately lost in both games. With a 3-0 loss to Broomfield and 3-0 loss to Heritage The Lady Raiders finished off the season with a 9-1 league record and 13-12 overall record.The Raiders played phenomenally  until the final serve. 

Sophomore Isabella Garcia said “We had a good season, we played and fought hard.” 

Sierra Hunt had an amazing season to end her career. Sierra ended up breaking the record for kills in Rangeview history. She recorded 380 kills for the season which breaks the previous record of kills. 

She will  continue her volleyball career at Colorado Mesa University after committing on November 13th.  Hunt said, “I would like to thank all my family and friends and all my coaches for the opportunity to play.”

Going into next season, the ladies hope to continue to grow as a team and hope to have an even better season. Junior Amari Bullock also believes they’ve learned a lot from their senior teammates. Bullock  said, “We lost some strong seniors, but we also learned a lot from them and hope to incorporate it in our game going into next season.” Although they will lose key seniors going into the next season, they will continue to pursue success. 

The Raider volleyball team huddles up preparing for the next set.